PB&Me and Jelly Stuffed Pancakes
Serves 1 #ketofriendly Pumpkin Pie Jar
- PB&Me powdered peanut butter
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 tbsp plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2+ tsp jelly of your choice
- Optional: chopped peanuts, berries, maple syrup
- In a large bowl whisk together the whole wheat pastry flour, baking powder, baking soda, kosher salt and ground cinnamon.
- In a smaller bowl whisk together the buttermilk, Greek yogurt, egg white, honey and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and fold together with a rubber spatula until combined.
- Heat up an electric griddle according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Scoop approximately 3 tablespoons of the pancake batter onto the hot griddle.
- When bubbles start to form on top of the pancake, spoon about a heaping teaspoon of PB&Me and a teaspoon of jelly onto the centre of the pancake.
- Cover the PB&Me and jelly with another tablespoon of the pancake batter then flip the pancake over and cook until done.
- Repeat the process with the remaining pancake batter, PB&Me and jelly.
- Top the pancakes with more peanut butter and jelly, chopped peanuts, berries and maple syrup if desired. Enjoy!