Vegan Chia Banana Pancakes with Peanut Syrup:
Pancakes will never be the same after you drizzle Peanut Butter Maple Syrup all over them. This has become a Sunday morning ritual, and we're pretty sure it'll make its way onto your pancakes!
(Recipe inspired by and photos provided by Delish Knowledge www.delishknowledge.com)
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened milk (almond milk)
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil or melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 3 tbsp PB&Me
1) In a large bowl, sift together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt and chia seeds.
2) In a separate bowl, whisk together the pure vanilla extract, milk, vinegar, vegetable oil, and maple syrup.
3) Whisk in the liquid mixture and stir until just combined without large lumps. Don't overmix the batter as the batter will turn out gummy.
4) Preheat a large non-stick griddle or skillet to medium heat.
5) While the skillet is preheating, combine the 1/2 cup maple syrup with the 3 tbsp. PB&Me together in a blender, puree until thick and combined. Set aside.
6) Lightly grease the griddle. Test the pan to make sure its hot enough. When the batter hits the pan, it should sizzle!
7) Pour out 1/4 cup batter and cook for 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown.
8) To serve: Pile on the pancakes and add sliced bananas on top! Pour on maple-PB&Me syrup to your hearts content!