PB&ME CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Recipe inspired by and photos provided by Liv For Cake)
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup PB&Me
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Place flour, baking soda and salt into a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Place butter and peanut butter into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat on med-high until combined.
- Add sugars and beat until light and fluffy, approx 3 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat until well combined. Scrape bowl if needed.
- Reduce mixer to low and add flour mixture. Mix until just incorporated.
- Add chocolate chips and mix until just incorporated.
- Using a large cookie scoop, portion the dough into 15 cookie portion. Round the mounds into balls and press down slightly to flatten.
- Place mounds on a tray, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 3 hours. Do not bake unchilled dough! Cookies will spread too much and flatten.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or a Silpat.
- Place cookie mounds on baking sheet at least 3" apart. I use a half sheet pan and baked 5 cookies per sheet.
- Bake for 10-12minutes or until edges have browned and center is almost set but still glossy.
- Cool on baking sheet for 10mins and transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.